- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
1108 Cortelyou Rd., Brooklyn, NY, 11218
nr. Coney Island Ave.
By Abbey on 8/12/2011
First let me say that I have NO idea what the reviewer before me is talking about! The service here was very good and the food was AMAZING. The food is fresh, lively and not complicated. Everything is made so that the natural flavors of the vegetables or proteins come through. Absolutely delicious. And dessert rocked! Brown butter cake with blueberries, yum!
By legalforce on 6/30/2011
I know that the weekends are busy at restaurants but the service I received here was sub-par. The food was tasty, but our waiter was inattentive and the hostess seemed irritable.
oasis of food
By JosieWOTP on 3/24/2008
i don't know anyone that's every had anything less than a great meal here. The menu is fun and diverse enough for mixed groups. The food and service is at least as good what you'd get in the city for half the price. I can't wait for my next visit. Last meal there was excellent hangar steak.
Great meal, interesting wine list
By nilex on 2/3/2008
Really nice atmosphere inside. All the food seemed local. Very friendly service that had excellent tips on what to order (only when asked though). Nice lighting, good for a date. Took the Q train to get there, the F to come home- 10 and 5 minute walks, respectively.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Kings County Distillery’s Tasting Room Opens Tonight With Whiskey Pops, Manhattans, and More
- Designer Danielle Snyder Chases Dover Sole With Twizzlers
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers
- Donald Trump Celebrates Cinco de Mayo With ‘the Best Taco Bowls’
- New York Times Getting Into the Business of Delivering Food to People’s Homes