All Reader Reviews of...
1166 First Ave., New York, NY, 10065
at 64th St.
By PittsburghDeb on 11/2/2011
Just moved my daughter into her first NYC apartment and we decided to do dinner close-by. Walked just a few blocks south and east and tried this gem of a restaurant! Warm, cozy and no wait at 9ish. Friendly staff and excellent food! The spinach salad with pears and almonds was the best I've ever had. We split the homemade ravioli which had a light sage cream/butter sauce and was wonderful. We had dinner the next night at the popular, highly rated Pastis and it wasn't nearly as good. Plus we had to hike all the way down to the meatpacking district. It was still packed at 9, we had to wait 30 mins. for a table. The calamari was not crisp, just soggy, and $12 for a glass of house wine was steep. Our entrees were just ok. I wouldn't go back. But I will be back to Felice every time I visit my daughter!
Great place for lunch!
By famgirl on 9/11/2010
Just discovered this jem on the upper east side, they have great paninis and the salads are amazing. For lunch compared to most places in the area it's a real bargain!
By Tori201 on 11/7/2010
Was meeting a friend near Bloomingdales so we randomly googled some restaurants and ended up here. On a Saturday Night we only had to wait for about 20 minutes for a table and the owner was very friendly! As was the bartendar, suggesting italian wines we did not know much about. The food was delicious and large-portioned for a wine bar type place. This would be a great romantic dinner spot. The 1 flaw though was that the hostess and waitress were rather surly with us. Maybe it's because we were 2 young 20-somethings, but the men who worked there were much nicer! Overall though, really like and want to go back when I'm in the neighborhood.
By Says_who on 6/7/2009
Al fresco dining seems to be hard to find in this neighborhood, so last night we decided to try this place out. Lovely place. The servers were nice and attentive...not overbearing...just right. I had the risotto w/ scallops and asparagus. Yum! My bf had the gnocchi w/ shrimp & truffle oil. For the rest of the night we argued over whose dinner was better (answer: they were both great). I thought the price point was a little high...but I think everything around here is. (Both of our meals were $20...other pastas were cheaper, other entrees were more). Long bottled wine list...and plenty to choose from by the glass. I'd say...go snag a outdoor table...if you can get one!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Two Men Indicted in Massive French Laundry Wine Robbery
- Lucky Peach’s Chris Ying Follows Strangers for Late-Night Papas Rellenas
- Enrique Olvera Opening Casual Mexican Spot in Noho
- Vegan Restaurant Owners Receive Death Threats Over Animal-Slaughter Scandal
- Watch Key and Peele Go Crazy Eating Hot Wings