All Reader Reviews of...
340 West Broadway, New York, NY, 10013
at Grand St.
Terrible service & overpriced drinks!!
By Magda2677 on 5/17/2010
Went there on a Saturday night after a show with 3 other people. The place is cute but the service is the worst I have ever experienced. The shrimp cocktail was the only food we ordered and it consisted of 3 peices. The menu states that gratuity is added to tables of 6 or more. There were 4 of us and they added the gratuity anyway (over $50). We were charged for two drinks we didn't have.... They took the drinks and the gratuity off after some complaining but gave us a huge attitude about it. The service was slow and rude so we tipped accordingly. The waiter chased us into the street and yelled at us for not leaving him more money. He asked if we were American (he wasn't) and how did we not know that we are supposed to tip 15%... REALLY?? I go out a lot and I have never experienced anything like this... Never going back.
By nierlirc on 9/25/2009
I went here for Sunday brunch - they offer virtually nothing that is brunch. It's all heavy french food and very expensive. They did have french toast - which everyone at the table ordered for lack of any options that were at all like breakfast - eggs, pastry, etc. We didnt want mussels and french fries or salade nicoise for brunch.
By kathyd on 8/8/2009
Whenever I'm in NY I have to stop here. Nothing better then a glass of wine and salad after hitting the shops in soho. Have a window seat and enjoy the people watching. I find the food good and the place is charming. A real NY feel. Shocked at the neg. reviews. KD
Great restaurant near SoHo!
By timothy86 on 3/30/2009
Went here with friends in the summer and the food was amazing! The place is on a quiet corner and all the doors open up to the street, it is like eating outdoors although you aren't. The people and food were amazing, especially the wine choices. The only drawback is that it does attract a fair amount of yuppies. Otherwise the place is great. I would go back.
Disapointing French cuisine
By Alex1983 on 11/29/2005
Felix is like most of French style bistro in NY... it has nothing French and certainly not the food... The menu is supposedly French, but there is more to French cuisine than tartare. The food is not so great, the service is pretty bad. Pretty disappointing evening...
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Ana Gasteyer Loves a Good Mint Julep
- Starbucks New ‘Secret’ Drink Is a Ghastly Purple Nightmare
- World’s Worst Customer Injures Himself and 4 Others After Accidentally Firing His Gun at a Restaurant
- A Chef Explains Why He’s Suddenly Closing His Much-Loved Brooklyn Restaurant
- More Whole Foods Products Recalled Over Food-Safety Fears