All Reader Reviews of...
222 W. 79th St., New York, NY, 10024
Good wine, terrible food.
By mlotto on 9/8/2011
Let's declare a moratorium on fish and cheese. This unholy combination of dairy fat and sea delicacies has simply ruined the dishes on the Fish Tag menu. I nearly spat out my baccalau and skordalia appetizer as the combo tasted like sour whitefish salad. That was the only dish of this repulsive dairy/fish combo I was willing to try, leaving a very small portion of the menu available to us. The rest of the menu looked pretentious and unappetizing. Our toast was soaked in oil and burnt -- charcoal pucks dripping in oil. Our cheese and meat samplings were presented poorly and overpriced. The only bright spot of the evening was the ability to order half glasses of wine for tasting purposes. Run away unless you really love the idea of a light and flaky fish served with goat cheese. Hurl.
Fish Tag Rocks!!!!!
By tooveyd on 12/12/2010
Fish Tag has a super cool menu of things you don't find anywhere else, at least in my experience. I went with my girlfriend and we found 70's and 80's rock as music background, endless wine list available completely from half glass to the full bottle and FANTASTIC food! Our server was knowledgeable and helpful. Will I go back..?? Tonight! I have a reservation at 6:30. So we'll be able to stay long and enjoy all we haven't try last time.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu