All Reader Reviews of...
700 Fifth Ave., New York, NY, 10019
nr. 55th St.
Sevens for Fives
By martin_chamois on 10/19/2004
In a period when hotel restaurants are in vogue, it is surprising that the Fives in the Peninsula Hotel is not a winner. It benefits from a great location with a bird’s eye view of Fifth Avenue, an appealing menu and comfortable room. However, it seems to suffer from a non-demanding hotel guest clientele, and management indifference from the front desk to the kitchen. Service is uneven as is the food preparation.
Nothing exciting but good value
By Therese on 4/9/2003
As often in hotel restaurants, rather cold atmosphere. The choice of grilled meats was excellent.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s