All Reader Reviews of...
700 Fifth Ave., New York, NY, 10019
nr. 55th St.
Sevens for Fives
By martin_chamois on 10/19/2004
In a period when hotel restaurants are in vogue, it is surprising that the Fives in the Peninsula Hotel is not a winner. It benefits from a great location with a bird’s eye view of Fifth Avenue, an appealing menu and comfortable room. However, it seems to suffer from a non-demanding hotel guest clientele, and management indifference from the front desk to the kitchen. Service is uneven as is the food preparation.
Nothing exciting but good value
By Therese on 4/9/2003
As often in hotel restaurants, rather cold atmosphere. The choice of grilled meats was excellent.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More
- Two Men Indicted in Massive French Laundry Wine Robbery
- Lucky Peach’s Chris Ying Follows Strangers for Late-Night Papas Rellenas
- Enrique Olvera Opening Casual Mexican Spot in Noho