All Reader Reviews of...
355 Grand St., New York, NY, 10002
at Essex St.
very strange behavior!
By jchjchjchjch on 10/3/2009
The new Flowers Cafe is a sad cypher of the original. The first time I ordered a simple PB&J here in their new location, it was spread so thin it almost completely soaked into the (extremely dried out) bread. The only other time I tried to order here, the same girl was at the counter (Nicole?), and she sneered at me for "taking so long" (tell me you're busy first?) and then told me to call back... and as I was telling her the order was finished, she hung up on me. (?) I won't order here again... but I will say the owner is a heck of a nice guy based on the two times I've run into him at the original location... shame he couldn't keep control of this store.
By shagerty on 9/29/2009
I live a block away from the Flower Cafe, and whenever circumstance forces me to go there, I'm always disappointed. Slow and grumpy service not withstanding,their coffee and smoothies just aren't that good. Just got a "Strawberry Banana smoothie" which consists of frozen fruit and an abundance of apple juice. Bleh.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu