All Reader Reviews of...
267 Elizabeth St., New York, NY, 10012
nr. Houston St.
Tourist and Taco Sheeple trap
By quinticire on 7/24/2013
If you want to pay for overpriced tacos with surly and snobby attitudes, then please go ahead and go this pretentious joint. If you want real or better tacos, there are plenty, from trucks to, small take-out places to full service restauarants, if you walk around a few blocks radius. This place is for selfies -- to be scene, so that they can instagram, facebook, that they are or were in this pretentious joint? Did I mention this joint is pretentious?
Crispy Fish Taco left us speechless!
By brooke_loves_food on 7/9/2012
Four Australians looking to experience authentic, if not delicious mexican. The crispy fish taco was everyones favorite! We sat in the self service section. The woman at the counter did forget one drink on our order and didn't give us glasses or beer for one Michelada- but otherwise totally friendly service. The van in the eating area is of course the highlight of this place, the ambience is casual and inviting. Long benches or small dining tables, so I imagine you could go with a large group. Food comes out as its ready which we liked but there was a bit of a wait between plates as a large group had put in an order. Two tacos per person is a good place to start and then order more as they're generous portions. Must tries: Crispy Fish Taco, Chorizo & Egg Breakfast Taco, Michelada (spicy beer), Beef Picadillo Taco. Unfortunately, the Pork Taco was a little dry for our liking. We left with full bellies and smiles on our faces and will recommend this place to friends!
gourmet mexican street food
By phillipr on 3/29/2011
Coming from Texas, i've always felt like nyc mexican was lacking. It's a common complaint from people moving from TX or CA. Well, this place is one of the few spots that gets it right. You can tell everything is made fresh w/ high quality ingredients, and authentically prepared. great food. Go there before this spot blows up.. i can see it having an hour wait once the weather warms up + they start serving beer in a few wks. (You see how packed cafe habana gets down the block, and honestly, this place is tastier. )
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu