All Reader Reviews of...
434 Seventh Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11215
nr. 15th St.
Great food but not great customer service...
By kl06e on 4/9/2013
My friend and I used to frequent Fonda every weekend for brunch. The food was fabulous, as were their margaritas. We told everyone about it and loved bringing out-of-town guests there with us. It was occasionally difficult to get a server's attention, and sometimes they would ask 2-top tables to move over in the middle of their meal if a bigger party came in and they needed to move tables together. But, we felt almost like regulars, or at least frequent attendees. Everyone knew how much we loved Fonda, some friends even gave us a $50 gift certificate there. Unfortunately, the gift certificate went missing, and when we explained the situation to the Fonda employees and tried to see if they would be able to look up the coupon number, or if there was any way we could prove that there was a gift certificate or any way for them to honor it, they just brushed us off and said they wouldn't be willing to do that. I realize we should have just kept better track of the gift certificate, but it was a shame that they weren't more understanding and don't keep records of their gift cards that are purchased, especially since we frequented Fonda so often with other friends. I'm sure we'll crack and be back there eventually, but for now, their lack of customer service or care for customer loyalty has just rubbed us the wrong way. In this part of Brooklyn, there's just too many other restaurants with equal food and better customer service that treats you like family.
By bananafish1 on 7/23/2012
Have been curious about this place in my neighborhood. Went there last night. Has a really pleasant garden. Service was professional and good. The guacamole and chips were excellent - delicious! But the rest of the food was pretty weak. My mole was way too sweet and poured over enchiladas consisting of tough, cardboard-y tortillas filled with dry shredded chicken (with some strange unidentifybale crunchy bits). My friend's red snapper dish was meh. Not nearly as good as (quite nearby) latin american place Palo Santo.
Great food, drinks and generous service.
By edenny on 12/4/2010
Fonda is my neighborhood Mexican restaurant. I enjoy going there because the drinks are delicious (I always have the Rosalita, a hibiscus-infused margarita), the food is good and the service is great and always makes us comfortable.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl