All Reader Reviews of...
485 Lorimer St., Brooklyn, NY, 11211
nr. Powers St.
Little gem in brooklyn
By Graz on 12/5/2012
The best pizza on the other side of the bridge , no other comes close .
Decent overpriced pizza served terribly.
By jrotis on 11/19/2012
One friend asked if the zuppa of the day (white bean) had wheat in it (he is allergic). The waitress said she didn't know, and wait for my friend to say whether he wanted it or not. He waited for her to come up with a way to find out if there is wheat in the soup (awkward!), and slowly it dawned on her to ask the kitchen staff. She did and came back to tell us that no, it does not have meat in it. Wheat, said my friend, is there wheat in it. She said yes, wheat, there is no wheat in it. He took the chance. My friend ordered the calzone ($14) (listed under "Pizze") and I the montanaro fried pizza with fennel sausage . The soup came out a few minutes later, followed about ten minutes after that by my pizza, and then another ten minutes for the calzone. Granted we didn't ask for the soup with the main course, but we also didn't ask for the calzone for dessert. The soup was about half a cup of something that Progresso would be proud to put in a can, but disappointing for the price ($8). The montanaro pizza was pretty good, although the sausage was barely cooked and the crust fairly soggy. The calzone was a football sized and shaped monstrosity with a vaguely chemical taste, perhaps from the salami. This is a step up from the neighborhood slice shop at double the price.
By Sarah32 on 9/27/2011
Hands down the best pizza that I ever ate. This place is like no other.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl