- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
439 Third Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11215
at 8th St.
By capncruncher on 10/16/2010
the best damn pie i've tasted in years. i randomly came across this place on my bike and it looked so quaint inside that i couldn't keep myself from stopping. i tried the salted caramel apple which was so deeply delicious and took me right back to my grandma's kitchen table... but better. it was perfectly spiced, really complex, and the caramel cut the tart apples with a rich butteryness. i found it refreshing that it wasn't overloaded with cinnamon like apple pie often is. it seemed as if the nice lady working the counter was one of the owners as she was back and forth between helping people and making pie. so cute! the place has a real small town vibe and gorgeous tin walls in addition to a yummy latte. i think it was irving farm coffee? anyway, this place has definitely got a soul. sooo glad to have found it.
Great pie but come on...
By ellevision on 10/18/2010
Yes, it's great pie but there is no sitting space at all. A bunch of "cool" hipsters who have nothing to do but drink coffee and eat pie and NEVER leave. I wouldn't trek out all the way in this middle of nowhere just for the pie. Also, they ran out of everything by midday which was annoying to say the least. Manhattanites--there are plenty of good pie places in Manhattan. Stay at home. Latte-sipping, Macbook-toting, Brooklynite hipsters--go there on a weekday when they actually have pie to sell.
Please do not lie ... about your pie
By dag246 on 8/27/2012
Why, pie, are you so average, Ech ... sugary! Not at all what you're said to be. Why, server, all that bitterness? Togetherness! Not your nasty offhandedness.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu