All Reader Reviews of...
88 Second Ave., New York, NY, 10003
nr. 5th St.
One of my families favorite places!
By italian_girl60 on 11/27/2006
I feel forced to write this review after reading the negative reviews on this site. My family and I have had dinner/lunch several times at Franks. The food has always been the best and freshest food. As an Italian American family from RI excellent Italian food is a must. Our favorite items to order the string beans with roasted garlic, spinach gnocchis, and garlic bread. We have never gotten sick ever. The place is spotless, the prices are low, and the staff is friendly. I cant recommend this place more highly. Please go and enjoy one of the best meals you will ever have.
Watch out for meat balls
By seriousfoody on 1/23/2006
First things first. Great food, impressive wine list and helpful staff. But speaking of Staph, as my Italian friends say " Don't eat meatballs other than in Grandma's Kitchen." Two of us did, one ended up in the ER and the other sick for 2 days. Called Frank, he did not call back. I still eat there, but no more meatballs. Beware, but enjoy a great funky place.
Great Food Doesn't Make up for Bad Service
By brooklynliz on 5/27/2005
The rich Italian food didn't compensate for the terrible service. The host told us the wait would be 15 minutes. In fact, we waited 45 minutes with little explanation. Once we sat, our waitress was nowhere. On top of that, the host spilled water on my companion and then blamed it on a bus boy! If you don't mind being treated rudely, highlights of the food include the Thursday night lasagna special. My advice: skip Frank and go to Supper (by same owners) around the corner. Food is the same, and service much better.
Good food but Loud
By debun on 4/3/2005
I have been to Frank's many times - mostly because of the simple and tasty food. Everything is cooked on top of the stove - no baking with dishes like pan seared salmon and capers, and pan roasted rosemary chicken with mashed potatoes and a roasted tomato. the problem is the wait staff's pushiness and the deafeningly loud music.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu