All Reader Reviews of...
476 Amsterdam Ave., New York, NY, 10024
at 83rd St.
By krodster on 2/21/2011
I may be biased given that I have a dog named Fred, but this spot is adorable, especially with all the photos of pet dogs in the interior. I love the sunken restaurant and their food is quite tasty. I've been here for dinner and brunch and have always left pleased. Their serving sizes are quite large, which is nice since it's not exactly cheap, though not terribly pricey either. Their oatmeal (a boring choice for brunch) is very good though. They have a great ambiance for dinner also with everything dimly lit. There can sometimes be a bit of a wait, but the pictures of all the puppies will distract you long enough.
Great food, service & spot
By nycalcc on 1/22/2011
Fred's is one of my favorite spots in the city. It's the perfect restaurant to bring a fun date or dog lovers. The walls are covered with images of dogs (if your date is into dogs then this place is a MUST) and the staff is super friendly. Ive been there 3-4 times, and all dishes I had so far there are amazing. Try the pesto or the mac'n'cheese.
By manny65goldberg on 2/13/2010
This was one of the most enjoyable dinners we've had in NYC. The food is excellent. The service is outstanding. The decor is homey and comfortable. We loved the theme of dog pictures throughout the restaurant. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone in the city. We will definitely be frequent attendees at this great restaurant
Great Brunch Place
By nycnic on 9/27/2009
I love going to Fred's for any occasion. I went there with 3 other people for dinner and we all ordered the pulled pork sandwich and all loved it. Service was great too. Brunch is also good there especially when there is a huge line across the street at Good Enough to Eat and Sarabeth's. It's cozy and there is also a bar attached to the restaurant. What more can you ask for?
Highly overrated Brunch
By Reflection46n2 on 2/3/2009
Very limited menu. Food is not good. $15 for 2 pancakes or an omelet, that included limited options. No classic breakfast combination platters. Coffee was terrible. They give you a shotglass of juice. Servers were so bad we didn't know who our waiters were. Really disappointing - shocked this place seems to get good business.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Supreme Court Won’t Stand in the Way of Seattle’s $15 Minimum Wage
- Congress Introduced a Bill to Keep Journalists From Snooping Around Big Food
- A Farming Cartoonist Was Fired for Joking About Big Agriculture
- Why This Leading London Chef Feels Energized by New York Kitchens
- Oxford Student Refuses to Tip Server Because She’s White