All Reader Reviews of...
78 W. 11th St., New York, NY, 10011
at Sixth Ave.
Great neighborhood restaurant
By JoJoJo on 6/14/2010
I've been coming here for about 20 years and I never get sick of it. Brunch is decent but the dinner menu is vastly underrated - there's a scallop entree for about $20 that I'd put it up against anything in the neighborhood. Menu is standard bistro stuff with some offbeat sleepers: salmon with lentils is consistently really good, ziti is surprisingly good, macaroni and cheese is great. Oddly, the fries range from fantastic to sort of bad depending on the batch. Service is laid back but does not mind if you are just having dessert and coffee. One thing to note is that the dinner menu stops around 11 or so and they start serving a stripped-down late night menu. Draws an interesting crowd - college students, families, people on dates, totally wasted people, the elderly, &c.
By ajw18 on 4/11/2009
Went to brunch, and the place was PACKED and very loud. The food is good, but there wasn't anything very special about it...especially for the price they are charging for a plain omelet. The atmosphere is nice, but the service was pretty slow.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s