All Reader Reviews of...
620 Vanderbilt Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11238
at Prospect Pl.
So sad this is closed.
By Tuf_Pak on 6/17/2009
We ate here for my partner's birthday (frustratingly on Valentine's Day) and the food was quite good. The cloistered laid back environment, and the extraordinary personal attention was the star, however. One comment I'd read is that it's like the best restaurant in a small New England town. I would second that remark with the most positive possible way. It's a dining environment where you are in contact with those for whom the restaurant is their personal passion. The time the proprietors would take with you was so out of character for a restaurant in this city. I don't feel like the food was the best I'd ever had in NY, but it was very good, and lovingly prepared. The city had such a need for dedicated and unassuming little restaurants. In a city where every other restaurant is called Nooch or Chunk or Waddle...staffed with models not maitre d'hotel... there was such a giant hole that a place like the Garden Cafe filled. Boy, that hole is wide open again.
Best kept little secret in Brooklyn
By Quees on 2/10/2005
I always get exited when I discover a great place. What gets me even more exited is when no one else has discoveded my little secret. This little hide a away is a great place to have the perfect little rendezvous. The food is great..French/American.The service is very personal and the music and lighting are both soft and romantic. I can not rave anymore about this place..you need to check it out youself .
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafÃ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’