All Reader Reviews of...
709 Ninth Ave., New York, NY, 10019
nr. 48th St.
By emmarabin on 8/9/2011
I went to Gazala Place with my family and a cousin who was visiting from Illinois for dinner before a show. And I have to say, it is a gem. My family is from Queens, and we do not impress easily, especially because ethnic food in Manhattan is usually sub-par. But the meal was delicious, and we will definitely return! Order the bourekas for the table to share: they are bagel-sized, filled with cheese, and insanely good. If you're a big party, also order the hummus, dip with the thin, homemade pita, and die of happiness. For the vegetarians, my sister was incredibly happy with the falafel platter. For the meat-eaters, I ate the most flavorful and savory chicken of my life here. If you enjoy anything pickled, the dishes come with a side of picked cabbage salad. Yum. Gazala Place is a great meal for a great price. I would definitely recommend it! (The only downside? Service was a tad gruff. If you want fawning waiters, this is not the place for you)
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More