All Reader Reviews of...
801 Ninth Ave., New York, NY, 10019
at 53rd St.
Rude, Obnoxious and Not too Bright
By SandyFord on 1/8/2016
I would like to thank the owner of this establishment for being so rude and obnoxious that my party of 8 had to walk out before ordering. We found a wonderful restaurant on the next block (El Azteca) that actually wanted and welcomed 8 patrons in their restaurant. We spent a wonderful brunch eating delicious food, imbibing tasty drinks and enjoying each otherâ€™s company at a table that actually fit 8 people! I would advise the owner of Georgioâ€™s to: 1) learn to be courteous to your customers, 2) learn how to tell time, 3) do not accept reservations if you do not like people making reservations, 4) do not try to squeeze 8 people at a table for 4 claiming you have no more room (especially when the tables adjacent are obviously empty. Had we said we were 4 parties of 2 you could have easily sat us at that time but instead you tried to get away with putting 8 people at a table for four. Bad business and poor customer sense), 5) do not be rude to children who are politely trying to ask you a question, 6) do not stalk your [former] patrons down the block yelling at them if they leave your establishment (before ordering) because you were extremely discourteous, rude and obnoxious to them. We will NEVER return to your establishment and fully intend to let everyone know about the wonderful [sic] service you provide.
Good food in a casual setting
By rleib on 2/21/2010
Georgio's has a nice menu - it's pretty diverse. The atmosphere feels like a bit like a diner - but on a much cozier scale. The food was good and portions were a nice size. I wouldn't take a date here.. but go for brunch/dinner with a friend.
An Easy, Enjoyable Place to Dine in Hell's Kitchen
By ajhk on 2/15/2009
Georgio's menu is in heavy rotation at our place. It's great for take-out but an easy place to dine in, as well. It's nothing fancy, but the food is consistently good -- from one end of the extensive menu to the other. I enjoy it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Their shakes and smoothies are some of the best I've had in the city. The service is generally efficient and unobtrusive.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu