All Reader Reviews of...
151 E. 82nd St., New York, NY, 10028
nr. Lexington Ave.
Abusive to Costumers--Only go if you are a Masochist
By merlehoffman on 4/4/2013
The only restaurant in NY that publicly abuses its customers. After returning a fish dish and requestiing something else--the owner/manager loudly told the waiters NOT to give me what I had requested... screaming not to give me the clam dish I had ordered instead because it was "fish"--he made a spectacle of himself in front of 20 customers. He obviously does not know the difference between fish and crustaceans!! I have dealt with tempermental haridressers--but restuarant managers--never!!! Ridculous and stressful
As perfect as it comes
By UpperEastSideAsh on 8/8/2010
Consistent, attentive and delicious! The 35% off after 8:30PM deal is a steal!
By AdamShaw on 8/3/2010
The GM was extremely rude. Was actually kind of shocking as most people in the restaurant industry are relatively nice unless the place is super busy and trendy and then sometimes you get an attitude, but Girasole is neither super busy nor trendy so the attitude is very misplaced. Otherwise the food was fine.
GIRASOLE'S NUTBALL OWNER
By doug100worth on 10/17/2009
NEVER AGAIN. I don't use alcohol and order a bottle of sparkling water and a burgundy glass. As I was drinking, the owner swooped over, grabbed the glass from my hand and started screaming at our waiter that these glasses are only for red wine. HE'S OUT OF HIS BLOODY MIND. In the past, I've observed this man being obstreperous with his staff. Why expose yourself to this kind of bizarre, unpleasant behavior. Many Zagat reviews tell similar tales.
By adamstefanile on 10/13/2009
Cibo Bravo. No negative critism at this restaurant. No tourists equals quality food. A
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages