All Reader Reviews of...
18 E. Broadway, New York, NY, 10002
nr. Catherine St.
By jek123 on 2/22/2011
Here's the synopsis:dead rodent found underfoot, diners grossed out, staff...unruffled. Friends and I were just starting to eat some average tasting dim sum when, upon dropping some food, our eyes fell upon a very dead mouse under the table. Horror. Truly. The thing looked like it just keeled over mid scurry across the dining room. It was doubtlessly poisoned with some quick acting and very lethal stuff-- unsettling given that our table was right outside the kitchen door. The staff were somewhat apologetic; as in, sorry you need to get up but I need to sweep a rodent from under your table. Mostly they were nonchalant, as if to say, hey, don't get your panties up in a bunch, this is what happens when we have to try to keep the restaurant clean for you! They saw that we were quite exercised, so as a consolation, they comped the food we ate and, hey!, 10% off the remainder of our meal! Unbelievable. Hats off to the Golden Unicorn for not letting a little thing like a dead mouse in the dining room get in the way of keeping their cool.
Where are all the good dim sum places in Chinatown?
By exciteme on 7/8/2007
The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and decor for a restaurant in Chinatown. The dim sum, as others have noted, was average. I, however, thought the food was a bit pricey given the quality.
DIM SUM was average
By NYandLA on 12/18/2005
Note: I am only rating Dim Sum. I haven't sampled their regular menu. I am used to Empress Pavilion in Los Angeles and the Dim Sum at this restaurant doesn't even come close. Shu Mai tasted like packaged food, the fishballs were too fishy. We didn't like anything except for sticky rice maybe. Will not return. I am sure there are better Dim Sum places in NYC.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu