All Reader Reviews of...
140 W. 13th St., New York, NY, 10011
nr. Sixth Ave.
Why eat anywhere else?
By mlatkinosn on 3/3/2003
The only disappointing bite is the last. Each course leaves you with a sadness that there isn't anymore but on tenterhooks for the next item. You are never disappointed. The pizza is indescribable. Have the one with potato (yes, I said potato). The energy of the restaurant makes you feel like you're part of a big family sharing a feast. The service is wonderful and despite it's recent popularity you're generally seated at your reservation time!
Mercina was there
By Mercina on 3/3/2003
The food is yummy. I love good food, good bread, this is a favorite place. They also have fava beans, I LOVE FAVA BEANS.
By elmorgan on 3/3/2003
The Pizza Margarita is superb and so are the other special pizzas.
THE BEST OF THE BEST
By TUC4MJD on 3/3/2003
I feel that the restaurant offers the highest quality and most diverse food and ambiance possible. Vincent Scotto and his staff are truly amazing and accommodating. The restaurant is clean and tastefully decorated. The pizza and the food is to die for. Thanks!
Don't let the cat out of the bag
By Cupcake210 on 3/3/2003
Beautiful place with GREAT food, attentive service and reasonable prices for what you get. My vote for one of the newcomers of the year.
By marymarley on 3/3/2003
Excellent food and ambience, reasonable prices, great location - everything an A+
Greatest Pizza Ever
By ceravolo on 3/3/2003
I just love the crust. I think it must be grilled and then they add the toppings. Its absolutely splendid. You don't feel stuffed after eating it. The chef and sister have alot of personality and its always been a pleasure to dine in their place. I can't wait to go back.
By marykate on 3/3/2003
You have to taste Vinney's grilled pizza margarita - it is out of this world, not to mention his scrumptious caesar salad.... all of Vinney's dishes are definitely worth tasting. I love the décor and atmosphere at Gonzo.
By njo on 3/3/2003
I have been to five out of the eleven nominees and Gonzo is the one I keep going back to. While L'Impero may be more romantic, the food and value at Gonzo is much better. Gonzo is Vinny Scotto's best by far. Great neighborhood location,wonderful food,relaxing atmosphere and the best grilled pizza this side of Tuscany. The garlic mashed potato pizza is to die for, as are so many of the other dishes! I send eveyone there to try it at least once!
Shhhh! Don't tell anyone.
By Max on 3/3/2003
What a great find! Keep it a secret. I can't wait to go back to try more from the menu. Everything sounded wonderful. The thin crusted pizza was excellent! Forget the margarita and try the portobella mushroom and mashed potato. Trust me on this, you won't be sorry. Don't forget the rest of the menu, Gonzo is much more than a pizza place. It was hard to choose from the great entries.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations