All Reader Reviews of...
140 W. 13th St., New York, NY, 10011
nr. Sixth Ave.
Ambiable employees, tasty food that arrived fast
By kangell50 on 2/28/2003
We ordered 3 pizza's and enjoyed them all, though the best was with egg plant. We weren't impressed with the decor in the front room. It just didn't work, though it was more intimate than the back room. The back room looked like the tried to hard, had the whole "let's visit Tuscany" look.
By ALCHMYST on 1/25/2003
ECLECTIC DECOR AND CROWD VINCE IS LIKE A GENERAL IN THE KITCHEN AND A GENIAL HOST WORKING THE PATRONS. BILL TENDING BAR IS THE BEST
Do not miss this restaurant!
By surfnut212 on 1/24/2003
Gonzo has some amazing dishes- the famous thin grilled pizza, the incredible steak that is black on the outside and rare in the center, but there are also many wonderful side dishes so that you can build your own tasting menu. Even something so simple as broccoli and cauliflower placed in Chef Scotto's broiler becomes transformed and caramelized into a whole new experience. We have gone three times and created a different menu each time. The room can get loud at rush hour, but the food is always wonderful! Try to save some room for the mouth watering desserts.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu