- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
97 Fifth Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11217
at Park Pl.
Great beans for drip coffee
By gingerngin on 11/4/2009
I purchased the Poco Fundo blend, on a recommendation. I made drip coffee with it (tiny Mr. Coffee machine, nothing fancy) in my office. The coffee was so good, I don't even need to add milk or sugar. I can only imagine how good it must be made in a proper machine.
Gorilla is the best
By mrpswitz on 6/2/2008
Best shot or coffee in the 5 B-and organic and fair trade too, what's not to love??? while the recent flood of new shops all claim to have the best coffee and the "seattle & portland" or "european" third wave approach (if its so great then why do you all leave and come to our town?)-these chick s really DO have the best and they roast thier own beans in BROOKLYN not seattle or chicago or north carolina either. Buy Local! Buy Gorilla!
By shaneferro on 2/2/2008
I have been searching for a good drip coffee since arriving from California last August. Gorilla beats out anything in Manhattan. I am normally not terribly hardcore, but I would drink this coffee black any day. I was out of cash and they have a $10 min. credit card limit, so I got some beans as well as a cup. I have been in heaven ever since.
By theslopeisdope on 2/9/2009
Heavily bodied, strong coffee...verging on Turkish in style. Very busy on the weekends so plan on a line out the door. I gave it 5 for the food because the muffins are pretty bland, not a knock on the coffee.
Worth waiting in line for
By hautepanda on 3/12/2007
The line goes out the door on weekends, but moves pretty quickly. Completely worth it. I still think this is the best coffee in the 5 boroughs, with Mud a close second and Joe's a distant third. One of the few places whose decaf is almost as good as their regular. . . as good as the best Seattle, Vancouver, or Sydney have to offer, and I don't say that lightly. Plus, it's a pleasant, hip scene - you can sit there with a MacBook pro and a copy of the Wind-Up Bird Chronicle if that's what you're into, and if you aren't, you can follow the unshaven stroller-folks out the door, sneaking sips of your amazing coffee as you go.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu