- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
97 Fifth Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11217
at Park Pl.
Worth waiting in line for
By hautepanda on 3/12/2007
The line goes out the door on weekends, but moves pretty quickly. Completely worth it. I still think this is the best coffee in the 5 boroughs, with Mud a close second and Joe's a distant third. One of the few places whose decaf is almost as good as their regular. . . as good as the best Seattle, Vancouver, or Sydney have to offer, and I don't say that lightly. Plus, it's a pleasant, hip scene - you can sit there with a MacBook pro and a copy of the Wind-Up Bird Chronicle if that's what you're into, and if you aren't, you can follow the unshaven stroller-folks out the door, sneaking sips of your amazing coffee as you go.
By theslopeisdope on 2/9/2009
Heavily bodied, strong coffee...verging on Turkish in style. Very busy on the weekends so plan on a line out the door. I gave it 5 for the food because the muffins are pretty bland, not a knock on the coffee.
By shaneferro on 2/2/2008
I have been searching for a good drip coffee since arriving from California last August. Gorilla beats out anything in Manhattan. I am normally not terribly hardcore, but I would drink this coffee black any day. I was out of cash and they have a $10 min. credit card limit, so I got some beans as well as a cup. I have been in heaven ever since.
Gorilla is the best
By mrpswitz on 6/2/2008
Best shot or coffee in the 5 B-and organic and fair trade too, what's not to love??? while the recent flood of new shops all claim to have the best coffee and the "seattle & portland" or "european" third wave approach (if its so great then why do you all leave and come to our town?)-these chick s really DO have the best and they roast thier own beans in BROOKLYN not seattle or chicago or north carolina either. Buy Local! Buy Gorilla!
Great beans for drip coffee
By gingerngin on 11/4/2009
I purchased the Poco Fundo blend, on a recommendation. I made drip coffee with it (tiny Mr. Coffee machine, nothing fancy) in my office. The coffee was so good, I don't even need to add milk or sugar. I can only imagine how good it must be made in a proper machine.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu