All Reader Reviews of...
323 Smith St., Brooklyn, NY, 11231
at President St.
By aaabbbccc on 2/6/2013
The thing I really love about this place is that they don't allow dogs. Unless you're going to throw them on the grill, leave your dogs at home.
By jessicawinbk on 5/25/2012
SO RUDE! My husband called this evening to find out if the place is dog-friendly. That, mind you, was just a double check, since they are listed on multiple sites as being dog-friendly. I got there first and when my husband came in, a man sitting at the next table (WHO TURNS OUT TO BE THE OWNER, which I found only by googling later since he did NOT identify himself) made a snarky comment about a $200 fine per dog. He then called the waiter over and had him come tell us that dogs were not allowed. My husband said, "I called. The girl on the phone went and asked the manager." The guy said very loudly and rudely, "WE DON'T HAVE A PHONE, so I don't know who you talked to. WE. ARE. NOT. DOG-FRIENDLY." Um...there is a phone number right above this review, about five inches. That is the number my husband called, and the person on the phone answered, "Gowanus Yacht Club." It was extremely inappropriate, embarrassing, and solidified our previous assessment that the staff there is incompetent and rude. If policies have changed, or if the person on THE PHONE screwed up, there were multiple ways that this could have been dealt with in a decent manner; there are a lot of places that don't allow dogs, and people are fine with that as long as you are upfront and transparent. The waitstaff, and apparently THE OWNER, would rather be absolute d-bags instead. Save yourself a trip, and support one of the many local businesses on Smith Street who treat their customers like people.
By EatingInPurgatory on 9/13/2011
We stumbled (...literally) into the Yacht club just looking for a drink while we figured out where to get a good hot dog in Carroll Gardens. We had clearly arrived in the right place! The big, juicy hot dogs were excellent. We opted for the spicy dogs and they were delicious! The ambiance was really neat as well. It reminded us of our favorite place in Budapest, low-key, friendly but not overly attentive staff, great music. AND: they have a cider :)
perfect spot for a summer beer
By brooklynliz on 6/10/2005
Great place for a) beer, b)sitting out side, c) smoking, and d) doing all of the above without spending very much. There is also BBQ food which is fine but not great. Hot dogs are better than burgers.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu