All Reader Reviews of...
126 W. 13th St., New York, NY, 10011
nr. Sixth Ave.
Cozy, rustic, yet fun, with consistently excellent food
By chrissygirl on 1/15/2012
I have been going to Gradisca for almost 8 years now and have never had a bad meal. Pastas are always cooked to perfection and the well edited menu continues to dupe me into what to order - it gets better and better the more you read. Once got a lamb special here that I cannot get out of my head. The Italian waiters are attentive and knowledgeable, and usually a lot of fun but never intrusive. It is truly one of my NYC favorites. It's the neighborhood restaurant you hope that you find. Love it and always look forward to going!
By ninaanne on 7/27/2010
We wound up having our rehearsal dinner at Gradisca, and we couldn't have asked for more. The food is great, the package was really generous, the space is totally charming and the staff is wonderful. Our party had so much fun, the dinner lasted for two hours longer than it was supposed to, and then lots of people settled in at the bar after THAT. We've been lots of times for dinner on our own, and it's consistently terrific. The bartender makes phenomenally creative and fresh drinks, too.
This place is fantastic!
By clarkeke on 3/26/2009
Best restaurant I've eaten in in years. Excellent service, accommodating wait service, superb food and wine. I would go back in a second. Perfect for couples or big groups.
Great Service and Atmosphere
By LNK on 8/28/2008
The service was excellent-a true Italian Family atmosphere. With a large wine list that could be intimidating to the vino neophyte, our waiters were extremely knowledgeable and helped us to select a bottle that did not only fit our tastes perfectly but also at a good value. The outdoor seating was lovely on a late summer evening and the food was amazing. Homemade pasta is incredible, recommend the lasagna and the flourless chocolate cake.
I LOVE IT!
By manhattinite71 on 11/11/2004
Wonderful food (the lasagna was to die for!). Great service. Reasonable prices. I can't wait to go back!
By brashkin22 on 9/27/2004
In 2002, friends and I were treated to large portions and an informal atmosphere, not to mention sambuca and grappa on the house. Two years later, the portions have shrunk while the prices have soared, everything is pretentious, and my entire main course was a chicken breast with four tater tots. By trying to class up, Gradisca has lost its way.
By maryland on 4/6/2004
Absolutely far better than other Italian restaurant in the neighborhood: charming staff, good food, friendly atmosphere and… good sambuca! The perfect ending of a perfect dinner: grappa & sambuca on the house. Don’t waist your time with other supposed Italian restaurant. This is the right spot to go.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s