All Reader Reviews of...
42 E. 20th St., New York, NY, 10003
nr. Park Ave.
By richard on 2/3/2003
This is a remarkable culinary experience.Gramercy Tavern excels in every category relative to fine dining.The food and service are impeccable.Our wonderfull server even removed the wine lable from this wonderful bottle of wine and presented it to us in a see through envelope.What a grandslam !
not the best meal i ever had
By smendels on 2/1/2003
We were pretty disappointed. The menu lacked imagination & wasnt as special as we had hoped. Cod was featured on the menu! A very cheap fish for such an expensive restaurant. Service was the highlight but the food was just ok. Dessert was terrific. Overall, not worth the expense. Decor was special & romantic, but we expected more for the kitchen.
Best atmosphere in NYC
By brutus on 12/9/2002
I prefer the front to the back, it's just a shame that you can't make a reservation. Once you do get in though, the food is great. My fav is the filet mignon with shallot relish on a bed of mashed potatos. The service is impecable and the atmosphere very relaxing.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu