All Reader Reviews of...
5 Front St., Brooklyn, NY, 11201
nr. Old Fulton St.
Jenny Miller you've got it all wrong...WE LOVE GRAN ELECTRICA!!!
By Dumbochic on 7/14/2012
Been in the neighborhood for 7 years now and couldn't be happier with this new addition! I care about the quality of my food and where it comes from, so having a green market Mexican spot around the corner makes us all very happy campers! How can $10-12 for high end tequila and fresh juice margaritas be pricy? That's totally reasonable. I'd rather pay the extra couple bucks, than sip on a bottom shelf tequila margarita made from mix. And yes, if you're looking for piled high plates packed full of shredded cheese, sour cream and orange rice...this might not be the place for you. It's not your typical cheap Mexican. The portions reasonable and match their pricing and quality in my opinion. The crab tostada is fresh and delicious, the fish and toungue tacos are awesome, love the guacamole and they give you enough or three baskets of chips and the ribs are off the charts. Throw in the huge garden and I'd say we have a great Mexican joint! You get what you pay for and I'm happy to pay for delicious, fresh and organic green market Mexican!
Great Mexican in BK
By Taline14 on 10/22/2012
Food: I like the combo of authentic Mexican dishes and seeing items such as tongue tacos and chicken liver. You'll also find less "adventureous" but equally as finger licking items like the fish tacos (Pescado Estilo Ensenada). Cocktails: Tried the Margarita de Pepinom - a seasonal cucumber, cilantro, lime margarita. Yum! Decor/Ambiance: Modern industrial. The place was full but you didn't have to yell to have a conversation. Great for an intimate dinner as well as with a group of friends. Loved the wallpaper that combines Day of the Dead imagery with Brooklyn snapshots.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers
- Donald Trump Celebrates Cinco de Mayo With ‘the Best Taco Bowls’
- New York Times Getting Into the Business of Delivering Food to People’s Homes
- The Metrograph Movie House Serves Steak Tartare at Its Commissary
- Jewish Leader Accuses Michelin of Being Anti-Semitic