great Sichuan food
By whsieh on 12/15/2006
I'm not sure what the previous reviewer was talking about. Grand Sichuan is one of our favorite Chinese restaurants in Manhattan. The branches at St. Mark's Place and near 53rd and 2nd are both great! The one near 34th and Lex isn't as good. We have gone to this restaurant multiple times, including my wife's birthday.
Spice is not the only thing in food at GS, but the service is super spicy also
By davemc on 8/6/2005
Just being super spicy doesn't make the dish Hunanese. Spicy food do have taste, but none of the dishes I have tried have any taste at all besides overkill spicy. The hostess attitude is even more spicy than the food itself. She is probably the rudest chinese hostess in town, and I am Chinese myself. I wonder how the non-Chinese could take this kind of resturant service.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Daughters of Brooklyn’s Pot-Growing Cherry Mogul Are Suing Police for His Suicide
- Restaurateur Jailed for Serving Cheap Curry That Killed a Customer
- There’s Now a Restaurant on a Floating Barge in Greenpoint
- New York Times Demands Sheeple Wake Up and Quit Worshipping Breakfast
- Bourdain and Obama Chilled Over Noodles and Beer in Vietnam