All Reader Reviews of...
13-15 W. 54th St., New York, NY, 10019
nr. Fifth Ave.
One of the BEST
By bcd1 on 9/29/2008
As a passionate diner I was thrilled to discover Grayz. I found the food imaginative and perfectly executed even my dining companion who prefers a "steakhouse experience" was enthralled. Not only the food was impressive but the formal yet friendly service made us both feel like long time regulars (a very unusual and welcome feeling) we were even invited into the kitchen area to meet and express our admiration to the chef. As someone lucky enough to have enjoyed some of the top restraurants in the country I must say my evening at Grayz will be remembered as one of the best.
By scottross on 4/15/2008
This place was very poor. The food was very expensive for what you get. Tiny portions of very dull food. Compare it to Town and Gordon Ramsay restaurants which have incredible, wonderful food for incredible value. The tables here were close, noisy and just not a good experience.
Beautiful Space AND Food
By bon270 on 11/8/2007
I was blown away by my experience at Grayz. The concept and overall experience is very different than Cafe Gray. I was more and more pleased as the night went on. Every course was interesting and stimulating. I tried two specials of the evening, and they were better than I expected. The seared tuna skewers were beyond words. My husband ordered the braised short rib of beef, and I couldn't keep my fork off of his plate. Compared to the small dish section of the menu, the main course serving sizes are big enough to satify the hungry eater who isn't into the small dish tasting experience. Each dish is served in a different plate/bowl/wood block/glass cone (you name it), which adds to the individuality and uniqueness of the menu. To end the meal, you MUST try the passion fruit souffle and the chocolate truffles. The space is absolutely fabulous. There is a brilliant mix of modern and classic beauty. 100% recommend.
Very sexy cocktail spot
By marn1646 on 10/5/2007
Was there the other night. Loved this little gem of a place, very sophisticated vibe. Amazing appetizer menu with very interesting drinks. Very friendly staff made the atmosphere comfortable, which is unusual to find at the upscale hotel bars. Interesting wine list and great people watching!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu