All Reader Reviews of...
33 Carmine St., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Bleecker St.
Love it or hate it
By earvinarp on 3/15/2009
I have been there many times with many different people and most love it. The ones who don't, hate it. The food is excellent (burgers, salads and sandwiches). The place itself is very unpretentious and chill. Service is what it is. They don't take the order at the table and they seem to be proud of it. Does not bother me and it probably should not bother you either.
really cute neighborhood cafe
By jstemps on 6/9/2009
Grey Dog's is a great place for breakfast and lunch. They have a great selection of sandwiches and paninis with about 5 different breads to choose from. The decor is really cute and it feels like a neighborhood coffee shop type place. really charming and they even had hazlenut coffee on the menu, which is an extra star in my book!
Great neighborhood eatery
By mistermcgoo on 7/1/2009
This place is the polar opposite of pretentious but don't be dissuaded by the casual environment and kitschy decor because the food is surprisingly good! If you're familiar with the neighborhood you've probably noticed that it is always busy...that's because they have perfected a formula of tasty yet simple food, casual environment and a fantastically friendly and helpful staff. A delicious selection of sandwiches (with your choice of bread) and salads are available for lunch and they've got some great microbrews on tap to wash it down with. Arrive early for lunch as it fills up fast. They play good music too ;)
Dripped on by an overhead air conditioner, then asked to leave
By jooji on 7/27/2009
I went to Grey Dog Coffee twice after it opened in my neighborhood. The first time, I was seated under an air conditioner that dripped brackish water on me and on my food. The second time, I was seated at a little shelf in a little vestibule on the way to the restrooms. When I asked to be moved, the person who seated me said I would have to speak to the owner. The owner said he would bag up my food to go. I told him that if that was my only option, I wanted a refund, so he handed me a handful of moist, crumpled singles and told me not to return to his restaurant. It was an even bigger insult because this restaurant right around the corner from where i live.
By cm2607 on 1/12/2010
Sometimes Grey Dog is too crowded but the staff is accommodating, such as the time I wanted avocado on my BLT and they added it for free.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu