All Reader Reviews of...
288 Smith St., Brooklyn, NY, 11231
nr. Sackett St.
Shame on Zagat
By metrodiner on 12/4/2003
After 2 disappointing visits to the Grocery, I will never go back. The food was very average with aluminum foil-like silverware and cheap heavy plateware with very sloppy presentations. The staff seemed aggitated and somber with a lot of shouting coming from the kitchen. The owners too eager and overshadowing the waitstaff. Something's fishy about this place. Not worth your time or deserving of such a high rating. I'd give it a 17! Next time I'll go to Saul, an amazing Smith street restaurant that deserves far more attention for its fantastic food,decor, and staff.
intimate and fresh
By Abbey on 2/3/2003
A small intimate dining experience, emphasis on small! The food is wonderful and fresh and innovative. The service is friendly and helpful. A real winner for that cozy night out.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu