All Reader Reviews of...
177 Mulberry St., New York, NY, 10013
at Broome St.
By upt0wn112 on 12/19/2012
After a horrible experience at Angelo's, we went to Grotta Azzurra, where our Italian friends had their engagement party a few years prior. We didn't have a reservation on a Saturday night and it was pretty busy but had no problems. We've been to Il Cortile for dinner a few times as well which we also enjoy but wanted to mix it up despite mixed recent reviews. Well now we can say, its still excellent - both food and atmosphere. We were greeted kindly at the door, arranged a table away from the door in about a minute and seated. The tables had plenty of space between them to be comfortable (unlike Angelo's), each table had a live little evergreen tree for the season, and all around cute classic Italian decor. The food was excellent from the meats, to the fried fresh mozzarella, to the veal, lasagna is truly to die for as well as the other pastas we had which were delicious. We were never rushed but never neglected either. All of the staff were very nice. They do put 20% tip on you bill but its clearly labeled and we had no problem with it and would've given it even if they hadn't put it on already.
excellent all around
By gaetano_catelli on 11/18/2008
i've been to Grotta Azzurra several times -- on dates and on business. i know what good Italian food tastes like (my nonna made it from scratch). most places disappoint me; but, the food at Grotta Azzura is excellent. so is the service. so is the prix fixe. i pay cash at bars and restaurants. never a problem.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?