- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
53rd St. nr. Sixth Ave., New York, NY, 10019
Best cart food
By Danish Shah (NY MAG) on 7/28/2008
If you eat an all Halal diet, its hard to get decent food in the city. Hence, all the halal carts springing up all across town. Having eaten at plenty of those carts I have to admit that the cart guys at 53rd and 6th have to be the best. I first went there back in '05 and been eating there quite frequently ever since (even when I briefly moved to Philly). Though I have to admit their hot sauce has gotten way hotter and their food without [hot sauce] a bit bland. But their white sauce (which they're basically famous for) is still delicious. In any case, you can't beat the value for the money you pay for the food. I would recommend everyone to atleast try it once. I'm sure they'd wanna go back again and again.
By eating on 8/15/2009
This cart is over-rated! The rice tastes dried (cause its so busy they keep the rice lid open all the time). I give it a mediocre rating. I like the one on the corner of 58th street and 9th ave. They flame grill their meats so it doesn't taste undercook like at most carts.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- 12 Session Beers That Are Perfect for Summer Guzzling
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument