All Reader Reviews of...
85 Bergen St., Brooklyn, NY, 11201
nr. Smith St.
WE ARE ADDICTS.
By tracyj78 on 5/28/2009
My husband and I tried these sandwiches a few months ago and have gone back weekly ever since. Yes, weekly. Our favorite is the classic, spicy. With a jasmine bubble tea it is food perfection. The place is tiny and you do nearly feel like a drug addict seeing people lining the walls waiting for their take-out 'fix', but it is so worth any wait or seat crowding you may need to put up with. The salad is also very good - fresh and crunchy - our only 'eh' goes to the summer rolls which are pretty bland. But you don't come here for summer rolls!
A taste of Southeast Asia
By nativeguy on 2/15/2009
I give this place a 10 food wise and I'm not Vietnamese. Traveled there last year though, this stuff tops the real macoy. Taro bubble tea is a fav and the food is always fresh. Although you might not go for a romantic get-a-way, it's great Sigon chow on a buget.
Banh Mi Heaven
By BeachwoodDrive on 1/9/2009
The only reason I don't give this place a 10 for the sandwiches is - I'm not Vietnamese and don't feel I have the authority to hand out a 10. This is a cozy little neighborhood bahn mi joint with fast service and good prices. Spicy, crispy and just right.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu