All Reader Reviews of...
502 Amsterdam Ave., New York, NY, 10024
nr. 84th St.
Chicken-less Chicken Soup
By thegroupy on 2/10/2012
We ordered 2 large quarts of chicken soup tonight as we're all down with the stomach virus only to receive 2 quarts of broth with a few pieces of chicken (not more than an inch in size) and a few diced carrots with celery. Assuming this was a mistake called to speak to the manager- only to be told that he/she was not in and the cook was in charge and would try to do better next time but not this time. This was followed by a series of whispers and a 'should I just hang up on them'?? Totally ridiculous service for a $22 order. Total disappointment- and not worth the trouble.
GREAT burger! Wow!
By SweetLou on 3/11/2008
I go to Harriet's at least once a week for the burger. It's perfect and the fries are great and plentiful. I also recommend the pot pie and the fried chicken but it's the burger you're gonna think about every time you walk up Amsterdam Ave. It's calling me right now, in fact.
By wendybean on 10/18/2005
Harriet's Kitchen is always my go-to place when I'm in the mood for some real food. I'm not talking about the one-piece-of-asparagus-and-a-little-pate "real" food (tho I have nothing against pate), but about some seriously satisfying comfort food. Healthier options like my favorite three-salad are a feasable alternative when I'm having a fat day!!!!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu