All Reader Reviews of...
29 E. 2nd St., New York, NY, 10003
nr. Second Ave.
Nice, relaxing atmosphere with delicious German cuisine.
By drialnire on 12/19/2010
I went here for a date last week as I have been patiently waiting for the scaffolding to come down since this summer. The first thing I noticed when walking into Heartbreak was the overall relaxed atmosphere. The space is very open with floor-to-ceiling windows - which I'm sure will be great once the snow starts to fall. I love the mix of group seating as well as intimate, candle-lit tables. As a beer drinker, I appreciated the wide-ranged selection of German beers. I prefer a lighter ale and had plenty to choose from. We ordered 2 appetizers. The Beet Salad and Mountain Cheese Carpaccio was delish. I find that some places overdo it with the beets, but this was the perfect amount to share. The Kasespatzle with Caramelized Onions (ask your waiter if you are unsure of a dish as ours was fluent in the menu offerings) is like German Mac and Cheese - yummy! I literally wanted to swim in the cheese and herb fondue. It was definitely the highlight of our meal. For my entree, I got the NY Prime Shell Steak. It was served on a potato pancake which was interesting and paired well with the steak. Overall, I had a wonderful experience. The staff was friendly and accommodating - especially when asked to elaborate on the menu selections. I'd recommend Heartbreak for a date, a birthday dinner, and even after-work drinks.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu