- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
354 Bowery, New York, NY, 10012
nr. 4th St.
Same experience as the "Laughably bad service" review
By mrneeraj on 4/23/2013
There were six of us I think and we basically spent 2.5 hrs waiting for the table. The restaurant was closing by the time we finished and we were the only ones left. The hostess kept telling us five or ten more minutes. So we just sat at the bar drinking. It turned into a really expensive night. One theory is that we weren't cool and they were trying to send us away, but my friends really are cool - foreign and glamorous and conventionally attractive. I think the E Village location is just disorganized.
By bondstfoodie on 8/21/2011
Being from California, I have always had a soft spot for Mexican/Latin food and have struggled to find good flavors in New York, but Hecho en Dumbo really hit the spot! I tried the sopes, the soft tacos, and the queso fundido... all were amazing... great portions and really reasonably priced! The drinks were delicious, the service was fair, and the guacamole, although average, had a pleasant kick. I still dream about the food, particularly, the sopes. Definitely recommend this one.
By Davvy on 2/23/2011
From a California native in need of good Mexican food.
By teeteringwreck on 10/24/2010
I recently had my birthday dinner here and it was a great choice for me. It's loud and getting a table can be annoying, but the food was delicious and my friends and I had a memorable time. Be sure to try lots of things, keep the plates coming and share/sample everything. Fantastic drinks, especially the margarita.
Laughably bad service
By AMBUWS29 on 10/22/2010
I'm not trying to be a grouch, because I've eaten at the DUMBO location and the food really is great. But what kind of moron hostess tells you 20 minutes wait time, and then proceeds to seat parties of the same size that came in after you w/o reservations, you talk to her, and she tells you no parties of your size have left yet, but you're next. Cut to an hour and a half later and you're still sitting at the bar. At least make up a believable lie.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Restaurateur Jailed for Serving Cheap Curry That Killed a Customer
- There’s Now a Restaurant on a Floating Barge in Greenpoint
- New York Times Demands Sheeple Wake Up and Quit Worshipping Breakfast
- Bourdain and Obama Chilled Over Noodles and Beer in Vietnam
- Beyond Meat Debuts Its First ‘Fresh’ Veggie Burger at Whole Foods