All Reader Reviews of...
84 Montague St., Brooklyn, NY, 11201
at Hicks St.
By LES_OD on 10/21/2010
I had something that was described as "ginger sesame aioli chicken wrap" or something like that. Great leftovers the next day. The Heights Fries were fine, nothing that deserved capitalisation though. The first server was very nice and polite, but unfortunately his shift was over and left. Replacing good service was Ms. Ignore-You. It took a very long time to receive and pay the cheque, a ridiculously long time. I really hope the first server got our tip.
By supremeuser03 on 4/25/2010
If you live in the neighborhood, Heights Cafe offers a convenient place to meet a friend for brunch or a glass of whatever you prefer. Not pretentious, not particularly cool, just a safe bet. What I've sampled: The veggie burger (not rubbery, but fresh!) and egg-based brunch dishes are more than satisfactory. Definitely not worth traveling for, but welcomed and appreciated as a good local default.
Dinner out with my daughter
By tg414 on 10/3/2009
We held my daughter's 8th birthday party nearby. Afterwards I took her to heights cafe to dinner. Just the 2 of us. Staff was very sweet and the food was delicious. Pizza, Penne with chicken, cesar salad and chocolate cake. It was a nice treat. Thank you heights cafe!
Great place after a walk...
By gazmanjones on 4/7/2009
I must admit, as this review states, I am indeed a foreign traveller who stumbled upon this place after walking along Brooklyn Heights so its location is helpful. But great for having a coffee and a spot of breakfast all the same. Very friendly staff and the service was quick too.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More