All Reader Reviews of...
1503 Second Ave., New York, NY, 10075
nr. 78th St.
Fun patrons, fun staff, good food and excellent value
By blangdon on 5/3/2009
HiLife runs so many different specials during the week, it makes it hard to cook at home when you can get the same food and at the same price and someone else does the cooking for you. Specialty drinks are great and done to perfection. I had the best Blood Orange Margarita the other night. Excellent value and a friendly staff make this place a no brainier when you want something good to eat and drink. All of the sushi rolls are great. Hamburgers are so fresh and cooked to perfection. They have an excellent Argentinian Chimichurri Skirt steak that they have as a special. Their Cobb salad is delicious and so is their balsamic dressing. I have had Brunch their many times. Pancakes(my son loves), Eggs Benedict are great and an excellent value compared to other place serving brunch on the weekends in this neighborhood. Steak tartare is ground to order and is different that any other place I have had it. I like it a little spicy. Tuna Tartare is equally as good as its beefy counterpart. Oysters are fresh and delicious with their dipping sauces. I have been going there since it opened.
Great for a drink and a snack
By truly_sweet on 4/18/2003
But beware - the bar gets CROWDED. Super-nice, cute, bar tenders and foxy waitstaff serve up decent sushi and BIG and LITTLE Bowls or decent grub. A good place to meet one of those "online dating fiascos".
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?