All Reader Reviews of...
153 E. 53rd St., New York, NY, 10022
at Third Ave.
Party of Five
By AnotherNewYorker on 3/10/2009
We arrived at 5 PM in order to make our 7 PM event later that evening and were greeted by a woman who was on the phone and asked us to wait a minute. When she got off the phone we were taken to a very roomy booth at the rear of the room. I'm assuming that since the restaurant was so dark, two workers were required to guide us and warn us of steps and such. The service was excellent. We all had steak which was very good and cooked to our specifications. The stuffed potatoes were delicious. Our waiter wasn't annoying but he was available and thorough. He never interrupted during a conversation. I was impressed with that.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Dizengoff, Olmsted, GÃ¼nter Seeger, and More
- A Trailblazing Chef Arrives in NYC With This Ambitious New Restaurant
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama