All Reader Reviews of...
538 Third Ave., New York, NY, 10016
at 36th St.
Beware of the Specials
By Garoto_08 on 11/2/2013
We didn't mind the long waiting for our entrees and for the fact that there was a misunderstanding with the main courses (I had to wait for 7 minutes before I got mine AFTER the others had started eating theirs). Like I said, we didn't mind. This was one of those nights where you laugh it away and enjoy the atmosphere. But, then we have the SPECIALS. And that's where I draw a line. I always thought that a special is something that the place really is good at (not saying it is a cheap thrill). So we didn't ask of the price. We just assumed that it is good grub and that we wanted to see just how good. Crabmeat filled prawns on a bed of creamy lemon risotto and grilled asparagus. Sounds yum? Well, we got 4 luke warm prawns on a bed of overcooked luke warm non tasting risotto (could have been turkey stuffing made on Uncle Bens and salt). And the asparagus were grilled so hard they were black. And the price? Turned out we had ordered one of the joints most pricy dishes. So, next time you go here. Beware of the specials. And by all means ask for the price.
My favorite restaurant in NYC
By eyebepeisthoff on 10/1/2010
Hudson Place is simply a gem of a restaurant. It provides a cozy, yet sophisticated atmosphere with great, tasty, fresh, satisfying dishes and service that just makes you feel right at home (and does it all at very reasonable prices). The manager is a wonderfully gracious woman who you can tell really cares that you leave happy. As a Murray Hill resident I feel truly lucky to have Hudson Place in my neighborhood.
A good restaurant, simply.
By jpair on 8/12/2010
This is my neighborhood restaurant. From the management to the wait staff, Hudson Place is my favorite in my neighborhood. I have been coming to this restaurant for over a decade. I would have business lunch here, or having a drink after work, or having family celebrations. We are extremely happy every time we eat here.
Secret Jem in Midtown
By alina_404 on 2/1/2009
I went here for a weekday lunch. It was wonderfully cozy with a wooden decor and a fireplace to warm-up the atmosphere. The menu was delicious, and I had a hard time choosing. I finally settled on a Rosemary chicken breast of focaccia bread which came with french fries. The chicken was perfectly cooked and the french fries were delicious. My friend had the lobster club sandwich and was also amazed by how delicious it was. However, I will have to return to try the other items on the menu. The servers were friendly and did not over bother us during the lunch, and the prices were great considering the location and the quality/portion size of the plates. This is one of my favorites in the city!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s