By EdLawless on 11/25/2005
The wait-staff was not helpful at all and took very long to even seat us, when it was obviously a slow night (sunday and chilly). The waitress' hair was a health-code violation in itself (long, unclean, and not held back with anything) and she could not do math. (she argued the soda cost more than the lemonade--- even with the prices listed on a placard in front of us). They set down a small plate of pickles as an appetizer of sorts--- which were dry and discolored, and accompanied by a strand of her hair. We left and went to the falafel place one block down which has reasonable prices and incredible food that comes without attitude or dirty hair.
Good Intesion Bad Result
By gili on 3/23/2005
as a hummos lover i was delighted , that some one had opend a true hummos place (at least as it apeared ) the staff was very nice , and the decor was just right for a real hummos place , however i encounterd a colinar problem... the hummus it self... i am very sorry to say that eating my tooth paste by mistake would be a much more pleasent exprience.. and my stomach agreed..my health comes first.
By michelecostello on 1/11/2005
Authentic and scrumptious hummus. Pita bread with the taste of pita and texture of naan. Pleasant staff/owners. All for less than you'd imagine... If you want hummus extraordinaire, in a low key atmosphere, this is it. No pretentiousness, this is genuinely scrumptious, authentic hummus (as I've only had in the mid-east), served with piping hot pita that'll make you want more even before you're done! If you have room for it there's fresh mid-eastern salad and soup, but guaranteed you'll leave more than satisfied and will have money leftover for the capuccino you may crave! I'll go back again and again.....
I dream of this hummus!
By DinaCapo on 8/8/2005
You too will be dreaming of this hummus if it's been a while since this delectable, creamy, delicious, and ultra fresh wonderfulness sensation has touched your lips and toungue! I was never a hummus lover, but I HAVE BEEN CONVERTED. Some of the best things in life are free (well almost) at this jewel of a find. You will find yourself bringing it to every picnic and potluck you find your self at! ENJOY!
The Best Humus in NYC
By Eran on 8/10/2004
Its the best Humus I have ever had. The Pita was fresh & delicious. The special green sauce, which is a house secret, adds a delicate taste to the Humus. I highly recommend it !
The Best Around
By laurenem on 10/1/2005
I have never had hummus that was better than this. First time I went to St Marks, but everytime since has been on McDougal. Both similar atmosphere, St. Marks is better for the outside seating. Along with the great hummus, the health salad and lemonade are great as well!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s