All Reader Reviews of...
55 Bond St., New York, NY, 10012
Save your money and stay in Chinatown
By kswisster on 2/9/2011
I'm shocked New York Magazine gave this such a good review. My husband and I had a horrible experience here in January. The service was poor - we were seated in the mildewy basement and our food took 45+ minutes to get to our table. While the flour is organic and they use that as a selling point, it makes for very tough noodles. The broth was nothing to write home about either. I'm confused why the reviewer thought this place was so amazing. We won't be back. Save your money and time and go to Tasty Hand-Pulled Noodles on 1 Doyers St (between Bowery & Chatham Sq). You'll get authentic, no frills noodles there.
Going Waaay Downhill
By bross on 1/11/2012
I went back after about 10-11 months last night. It was the worst meal out I've had in as long as I can remember. The old Hung-Ry had a choice of thick or thin noodles. Now there are four choices for noodles: two thin and two think. I had the pork belly with ramen (thin) noodles. It was tasteless. I can't remember the last time I had a tasteless meal. Throwing sriracha and soy in made it better, but what happened to the old pork belly preparation? It was fantastic! Moving on, my friends had the chicken (with ramen noodles) and the vegan (with shanghai noodles). The former tasted exactly like the pork belly. The vegan tasted like a thai red curry. So, so disappointing. I also had the short rib appetizer, which was tender and flavorful...so that was nice. It's not enough to move my Food rating off of 1. The service was great, though our waitress seemed to be depressed. It was probably embarrassment from the food quality. Poor girl.
By alisonc on 5/4/2011
my friend took me here for my birthday. we wanted a casual place but with good food...and that's exactly what we got. the service was very friendly and professional. the setting was relaxed, clean and unassuming. the menu was short and sweet. we really enjoyed our noodles and the broth. i got the thick noodles with the pork. wow, the portions are big. the noodles are more al dente than i usually like but i didn't mind it at all. i can't wait to go back.
By nytim on 2/20/2011
Lobster noodles are great. Beet appetizers is wonderful. Sorbets are quite nice.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu