All Reader Reviews of...
32 E. 10th St., New York, NY, 10003
nr. University Pl.
The Perfect Spot!
By kfitz315 on 12/5/2009
My family was in town last week and we needed a place to go that wasn't too fancy or stuffy. Our server could not have been nicer and the entire waitstaff was personal and friendly but not overbearing. Our food was excellent and the ambiance was perfect. We felt right at home and told the manager how great our experience was and that we would be back again soon.
By fernanda9 on 9/22/2008
Two weeks ago I was with 3 of my friends in NY and stopped at El Cantinori restaurant. It was rainning and we were exausted and starving....the problem was when we got there the restaurant was closed and the owner was extremelly kind to make an exception and opened the restaurant just for us. We really appreciate it not to mention the food and service were fabulous.
For the money, go to Nica Trattoria
By sta356 on 1/1/2011
My girlfriend and I went to Il Cantinori last night for New Year's Eve dinner. Nice ambiance, friendly host, but bad server. He was inattentive, hurried, and clueless when asked for details about wines and entrees. The other waiters, who brought our food, etc, were very friendly and competent. We seemed to get the only bad waiter in the place. The entrees were mediocre. My favorite parts of the meal were the appetizer (calamari) and the tiramisu that we ordered for dessert, each of which were very good. If you're going to drop $60-90 per person on a meal, choose a classic Italian restaurant. I mention Nica Trattoria (on the UES) in the review title. I have eaten there twice, spent less than I did at Il Cantinori, and each time had one of the best meals in my life (even better than many meals I've eaten while traveling in Italy).
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?