All Reader Reviews of...
151 Mulberry St., New York, NY, 10013
nr. Grand St.
By jerzeegrle on 9/7/2011
I rate this restaurant as one of the finest in NYC!! I will tell you why. My brother came over from Calif. So we had to pick an exceptional place for dinner. We had a party of 7. They have tables all set up outside so that's where we ate. I ordered the "special" which was Grouper, very good and light over Risotto. BUT my brother had "Pappardella Alla Casalinga" which was my original choice, fresh ribbon pasta with porcini mushrooms, prosciutto, onion and mascarpone cheese WHICH WAS TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We shared the dishes. They gave you basil infused olive oil with bread that was so good, excellent service, it was Labor Day, the streets were PACKED, they never rushed us once & said take your time, the staff were professional and super nice. About 7 waiters gathered around my table with my Tiramisu I ordered with a lit candle in it and sang me Happy Birthday that the entire block heard! The Tiramisu was orgasmic! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
The Meal Pays for Itself in Leftovers...
By opti5650 on 3/11/2009
Il Palazzo may be a little cliche, but that's exactly what I was looking for when I went. A classic badda-bing Italian joint that successfuly serves up a heart warming bowl of risotto with a glass of red wine. The seafood risotto was out-standing (especially if you love your garlic!). Although it's the most expensive thing on the menu ($38- there's a lobster tail in the dish!) the meal practically paid for itself in leftovers (held up excellently for lunch the next day, and then a drunken late-night binge). To read a little more about the experience I had, you can check out my blog-post: http://murrthoughts.wordpress.com/2009/01/23/il-palazzo-a-little-italy-a-little-jersey/
Our family loves Il Palazzo
By Dee1307 on 11/9/2007
Whenever we go to the city (New York City that is) from our homes in New Jersey and other family members in Las Vegas., Il Palazzo is our place. Juan the maitre'd treats us like members of the family. The food is always excellent and the service even better. We never go as a large group, just 2 -6 depending on who is going where, but we are remembered. Once a year once a month it doesn't matter. Enjoy yourselves and go to Il Palazzo, the best Italian in Little Italy. Stop by Ferrara's for dessert.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s