All Reader Reviews of...
37 Washington Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11205
nr. Flushing Ave.
Our Top Delivery Choice
By bkposts on 8/19/2011
We order from here all the time (they know us by name.) This is the best pizza delivery maybe in all of Brooklyn, and we can vouch for the fresh, high-quality antipasto as well. I don't know why Il Porto is never named among the top pizza in the city. But the true measure of how great it is comes via my 5-year-old niece, a notoriously picky eater. She wolfed down two slices and still talks about how great it was. Couldn't agree more.
LOVE IL PORTO
By EATPIZZA on 8/7/2011
ONE OF THE CLEANEST RESTAURANTS IN BROOKLYN, GREAT FOOD AND GREAT SERVICE, THE GRANMA PIE IS TO DIE FOR.
By hatsu on 6/30/2011
The service was terrible and the decor was JUST OK. I went there and I overheard the manager addressing his staff in the most utterly disrespectful manner! He treated his female wait staff with contempt that seemed redolent of sexism! I didn't like that AT ALL. I can't eat at a place that treats their workers like expendable objects.
Good food, nice atmosphere, excellent service
By suzannacabanna on 1/16/2011
Well above average Italian standards in industrial Clinton Hill/Wallabout/Navy Yards. Great decor and atmosphere, impeccable service. Great beer selection- any place that has multiple Sixpoints, as well as Sweet Action on tap, gets my vote. The risotto and Fettuccinne Grassodonia (crabmeat with fra diablo sauce) were both well executed. We had a margherita pizza to start, perfect size for an app. I don't always love the 'guy with a keyboard singing Italian songs' style entertainment they had, but this guy's voice was amazing, and he kept it low enough that everyone could talk. I cannot believe how empty it was- we got there around 8:30, and by the time we left at quarter after 10:00, no one else was in the restaurant. I will definitely come back for food and also to sit at the bar- Sweet Action's fairly priced at $6, and they had football on, for which my fiance was grateful. If you have access to transportation or live nearby, def worth your time.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s