All Reader Reviews of...
152 E. 79th St., New York, NY, 10075
nr. Lexington Ave.
Delicious and comforting
By gizmokid on 7/7/2009
Il Riccio is a nice place for great food and good conversation. The atmosphere is warm and pleasant, and the waiters are attentive (I for one never want to see the bottom of my water glass, and they do not disappoint). The pasta dishes are great (They supposedly specialize in fish dishes, but I'm not a big seafood guy, so I've never tried them. I've tried a cornish game hen, and that was juicy and well cooked). The drinks are a bit pricey, but that's too be expected. Desserts are good, and I like their tricolore salad. They always bring bruschetta before your meal, but I don't really like it - too much olive flavor (though the folks I've been with have enjoyed it), though I do like the olive oil they serve with their bread. I've never had a bad meal here.
By Elavezzi on 11/8/2007
Il Riccio is almost 9 years old but the food,service, and the spotless bathrooms looks like they just open... the dining room is filled everynite with celebrity like mayor Bloomberg, robert de niro, matt dillon and famous newscaster and trendsetter like eva von fustenberg. the food reflect the fresh and lively charm of south of italy particulary Sorrento and Bari, were the owners are from.(look for carmine the GYPSY..) the wine list is well balance with particular attention to super tuscans. i must try is the rear garden, i suggest early or late booking. BRAVO!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu