All Reader Reviews of...
236 Fifth Ave., New York, NY, 10001
nr. 27th St.
Spectacular food, great restaurant!
By evkitty on 4/28/2009
The huge space is well designed to appear limitless. Despite the upscale decor (and I admit I found the decorative gold plates a little outre, but they worked stylistically) the atmosphere was relaxed and inviting. The Lebanese wine recommended to us was excellent, both on its own merit and as a pairing with the food. We had the prix fixe menu, and while the entrees are small the sides are very large. Everything is excellently prepared and if anything, the service was a bit relaxed. A thoroughly enjoyable meal. We can't wait to go back!
A Must Try...
By bradnyc212 on 12/7/2008
One word to describe ilili - amazing. I've been to this restaurant several times and each visit I've been equally impressed. I'm Lebanese and a tough critic but I rate the food a 10 (don't tell my mother I said that). As all New Yorkers know, the food is half the experience; the service is always right on. You must try!
Finally a Lebanese restaurant with great food!
By jfamularo on 1/18/2008
DÃ©cor was outstanding (you can tell a lot of time and money was spent in this space) nice open feel! Staff was very courteous (not rude like most new restaurants) I would definitely recommend trying this place! Especially the shrimp!
Cannot Wait to Go Back!
By kinda on 12/7/2007
We went there yesterday evening, the food was excellent, the service very friendly and the atmosphere amazing. Although it is a large restaurant, and although it was packed, we had a very cozy dinner maybe thanks to the fact that the space is divided into several fun rooms. Going through the menu and choosing from the various dishes was a lot of fun, and discovering the food was even better! My husband who is vegetarian loved it as well. This place opened recently and you can tell from the way they take care of their customers that they really want repeat business. It is definitely a place that we will be going back to very regularly.
Great Lebanese Fusion cuisine
By marcopolette on 11/15/2007
Great inventive nouvelle Lebanese cuisine in a beautiful wooden setting which gives a feeling of cosiness in spite of the huge space. The chef's innovative spirit is exciting and noteworthy in a culinary genre which tends to be tradition-bound. Highly recommended.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu