- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
40 W. 40th St., New York, NY, 10018
between Fifth and Sixth Aves.
Good "overpriced food"
By adam on 2/19/2004
The price fix menu has something for everyone, but many of the choices have a surcharge. Our meal was delicious and the portions were a good size, including dessert. The most disappointing part of the meal was the check, which was about $60 to much. Unless you are on an expense account it may be over the top.
By squid on 2/1/2003
Once again a critic's choice I would not touch with a ten foot pole. Had high expectations based on rave reviews and was sorely disappointed by the food. Pleasant surroundings and eager service don't make it.
By roastbeef on 1/31/2003
Dontcha hate when outtatown foodies come in and you take them to the newest hot place and it turns out to be mostly hype. I guess the very limited $68 prix fixe threw us off to start with, but I just couldn't get excited about anything this place had to offer. The waitstaff and manager in the three-quarters empty dining room doted over us and responded to every request, but the food just didn't thrill. Foie gras tasted like fruitcake, all dried fruit and baking spices with a streak of black syrup. Venison with spaetzle was exactly that and nothing more. My friend's black bass was overcooked and cold. Though desserts were good, none of us liked the experience overall.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages
- Turns Out the Robot Apocalypse Will Begin at Fast-Food Restaurants
- A Brand-New Brooklyn Restaurant Specializes in Modern Taiwanese Food
- Salad Chain Literally Everyone’s Obsessed With Bans Bacon and Sriracha From Its Menus
- Lin-Manuel Miranda â€‹Finally Got His Sardi’s Portrait