All Reader Reviews of...
9 Crosby St., New York, NY, 10013
nr. Grand St.
LOVE this place!!
By nycstylist on 11/18/2011
This is a great place for a special occasion and/or to take guests from out of town. The space is absolutely stunning. The service is amazing and quite attentive. The food is deeelish! The plates are meant to be shared and we ordered almost everything on the menu. You must try the fish tacos, cauliflower fritters, the pork belly app, braised greens and the scallops. Its a wonderful spot for a fab night out in NYC.
Go back for a drink, just don't eat there.
By maupret on 10/8/2011
Lovely atmosphere, the greenhouse garden looks fantastic and it has a wonderful romantic ambience. We had high expectations walking in, it was beautiful. The waiter however, could not have cared less about us. We had tried the scallop ceviche, the king crab, the fish tacos and duck fat fried potatoes. They were all extremely disappointing. The tortilla in the tacos seemed to be an expired version of a Walmart tortilla. We left most of the generous but uninspired portion of crab on the plate. Even the potatoes were bad, come on! The ceviche was passable however. Its a wonderful place to visit and have a drink, the chef however, should go back to Top Chef for a couple of more lessons.
Mediocre food, long wait and hotel type crowd
By tylerramos on 6/8/2011
The ambiance is nice. Classic starck-morgans hotel group. The crowd is a hotel/tourist crowd. The food is really disappointing - and example: the scallops showd up on a porridge-type bed, and the other plates we ordered were also quite mediocre. And the service was very slow, despite the restaurant being only half-full. i would not go back
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s