All Reader Reviews of...
175 E. 83rd St., New York, NY, 10028
nr. Third Ave.
A taste of Inida
By George1685 on 9/18/2011
I have traveled to India and back on business for my company. In the past 7 years I have tried a variety of Indian Restaurants in the city and in Queens. By far this is the best that I have been to. The moment I walked in the waiter made me feel at home. I had the Tikka Masala which was amazing with some Naan. Ali the owner of the establishment came to me and greeted me. Offered me a Kings Fisher beer which is fabulous beer to have with the Tikka it compliments it. Once I was done with my meal Ali came over to me and offered me Desert on the house. I had the rice pudding it was great.
The Best in all the world and you need to travel the world to know
By rayankee on 6/27/2009
My wife and I have traveled all over the world and have eaten in all the best Indian resturants. Tandoor Oven beats all the places with the exception of Red Forte in London. Both resturants are on par with each other . My wife, Sandy and I have been going to Ali's Tandoor Oven for over a 12 years and the food never varies. Ali's secret is, he made his chief part owner of his establishment.
if you're a Brit who likes curry ... great news!!
By coguk on 11/28/2004
Fantastic! Delicious food that would be raved about in Manchester, Nottingham, Leeds, Birmingham, Sheffield, London or any other curry capital of the world! If you're Jonesin' for a fantastic Indian meal, it beats everything else i've tried in NYC. Also reasonable price, and awesome decor!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu